The Mid-Century Modern style is one of our favorites. Why? It's an iconic style centered around bringing the outside in, and eliminating the walls between your living and outdoor spaces. So, it’s no wonder that the Mid-Century Modern backyard has become a key piece of Mid-Century design. As you prepare for summer with this year's latest interior design trends, be sure to check out our tips for designing and furnishing your Mid-Century Modern backyard.
- There's nothing easier to complement your interior seats and provide a comfortable seat outside than butterfly chairs, and you can find them in all colors and price ranges to fit your needs. You can even make your own vintage butterfly chairs with just a little effort.
- Bioethanol fueled fire pits atop grey rock gardens give a lovely and clean feel to any area of your yard, while removing the need for firewood.
- Remember, it’s all about simplicity. Sometimes just basic greenery in a free-standing, well-placed planter is all you need. We are loving these vine urn fillers from Grandin Road.
- Whether you’re lounging with company or relaxing on your own, a wicker sectional set can bring just the right amount of ornamentation to your backyard. Bring in some color with pillows or an outdoor rug.
- If you have a garden area, it’s much easier to modernize than you may think. Begin with Asian garden inspiration and work this into your existing space - even your rooftop - with our tips for modernizing your garden.
- Lastly, always take advantage of your covered patio with ceiling beams to extend your indoor vibe into just the patio area of your backyard, allowing both areas more time to merge. If you don't have one, consider adding it on!
If you're ready to get to work on styling a Mid-Century Modern backyard, take a look at these Mid-Century Modern homes for sale in your favorite neighborhoods.