Tips For Bringing the Outside In This Summer
Written by Cindy Marie Jenkins on Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 at 12:49pm.
It’s almost officially summer, so now's the time to make sure your home has the latest looks for the season. From fun color treatments to old-trends-made-new, here are some ideas for bringing the summertime right into your interior design.
- Try removable wallpaper. Removable wallpaper is an easy and flexible way to spice up a room. If you haven't heard of this before, it's just what it sounds like - wallpaper that you can install and remove whenever you want, sans the trouble of regular wallpaper. Rhiannon Gillis of Amber & Honey Design Company even created a go-to list of the best kinds of removable wallpaper for your next project.
- Sweeten a room with ice cream colors. What's better than ice cream on a summer day? House Beautiful recommends treating your home with a gelato palette that can be used on a single wall, and then accessorizing with pastel hues in your vases, dining chairs and tableware.
- Buffalo check patterns. Incorporating this design element with the right furniture and color scheme is a great way to spruce up for summer, suggests Jade Interiors. These patterns are easy to find, and if you’re crafty, we recommend breaking out your sewing machine and making your own specialized coverings to match your home's design.
- Incorporate Violet 18-3838. Haven't found the right way to introduce Pantone's Color of the Year into your home? We recommend starting with pillows, curtains, flowers, or even an espresso machine!
- Foliage is always a good idea. Small bursts of greenery liven up any corner, and we’re big fans of succulents around here for their easy upkeep and summertime vibes.
Image credit: Lorenza Bozzoli
- Everything fringe is new again. You can put fringe anywhere: onto lamps, chandeliers, chairs, you name it. Check out some "fringespiration" here and let your imagination go with this cool new summer trend.